blank My CNCSeries
Username:
Password:
blank
(Register)
Content Overview Files Database Tiberium Wars Section Red Alert 3 Section Zero Hour Section Generals Section Yuris Revenge Section Red Alert 2 Section Renegade Section About CNCSeries
» FAQ · History
» Staff · Contact Us

Header
blank
» Forum » Off Topic » Star Wars Three, anyone? (WARNING SPOILERS!!!)

Previous Thread In Forum Previous Thread ¦ Next Thread Next thread in forum
Page 1 of 212--»
erikmcfarIconStar Wars Three, anyone? (WARNING SPOILERS!!!)14:26 02.06.05 

All-time Rep: 7000+

Reps: 387

#5, 318 Posts

blank
A bit surprised that Im the first to hit this topic, what did you guys think? Definately an improvement over PM and AOTC, but still under the original three. Can we please get some acting? IMO, it needed to be longer the whole anikan a jedi to dark side lackey seemed a little too rushed. Anyone else notice the apperance of the Millennium Falcon?

Here's my rankings from best to worst:

ESB (V)
ANH (IV)
ROTJ (VI)
ROTS (III)
PM (I)
AOTC (II)

bigguy563Icon...02:21 03.06.05 

reputed member

Reps: 924

#34, 545 Posts

blank
I thought it definately surpassed I and II and under the original 3, but I would put ROTJ and ANH before ESB. But anyway, the way I look at it, Palpatine had Anakin's descent to the dark side mostly planned out by the end of PM, and definately by the beginning of AOTC. Notice that it was Palpatine who suggested that Anakin and Obi-Wan protect Padme. But Anakin's descent really didnt start until the part where his mom dies and he kills all the sand people in the middle of AOTC. No I didnt see the Millennium Falcon.

ChrisIcon...16:52 03.06.05 

CNCS Site Champion

Reps: 601

#53, 312 Posts

blank
Yeah, I was the only one of my family who noticed the Millenium Falcon Happy

It was pretty good, yeah. I liked all the light saber battles most. Few things bothered me though:

- Anakin said: 'I can't live without her', meaning Padme
At the end of the movie, she dies and he gets real pissed off about it, but he stays alive...

- Also, at the end of the movie, the Death Star was in construction seen from the viewpoint of an imperial Star Destroyer. Weird thing was, the whole 'Empire' thing was already going on; you could see all the officers in their Episode 4,5,6 Uniforms for example. Where did all the clones go? You can't tell me they all became Stormtroopers in an instant... Confused

Apart from these little things, the film was really good Happy

bigguy563Icon...23:05 03.06.05 

reputed member

Reps: 924

#34, 545 Posts

00:31 04.06.05 - Edited

Well, the clones' armor had a certain resemblance to the stormtroopers, so it probabley changed between 3 and 4. And the millenium falcon at this point is probabley still in the hands of Lando, before he lost it to Han Solo in a card game, also before he won the administrative rights to Bespin.... in a card game.

erikmcfarIcon...16:35 04.06.05 

#5, 318 Posts

16:39 04.06.05 - Edited

I put ESB only slightly ahead of AHN, though in reality they are equal. AHN was groundbreaking, but ESB is first bad guys win and huge plot twists. As for ROTJ, replace Ewoks for the originally intended wookies and then you have a movie, I just don't see little balls of fluff doing much damage to the same stormtroopers that three eposides earlier had no problem dispatching the jedis (did anyone else think the jedis should have put up a little more of a fight? not at the jedi temple, but on the other worlds, one second they are laying waste to battalions of droids and the next they get succombing to 4 stormtroopers...whats going on?)

I find it funny, that the whole reason Anakin turned to the dark side was to save padme, when in fact his turn to the dark side was the reason that padme died...talk about your self fulfilling prophecy.
----

How old are Lando/Solo? 50? Okay, Im thinking that Episode IV takes place roughly 20-25 years after Episode III. And in epidsodes iv-vi lando and solo only look to be around 35-40 ish, so that means that Lando would have had to been about at OLDEST twenty when episode III takes place. Question...who owns the Millennium Falcon before Lando?

punkdaveIcon...20:19 04.06.05 

Reps: 60

#100, 49 Posts

20:20 04.06.05 - Edited

You know the acting wasn't any better in episodes 4, 5, and 6. The only points where the acting/dialogue was better and more beleivable in the original series was in the romance scenes (Leia + Han vs. Anakin + Padme). Also note that there were a wider range of emotions and situations to play out in episode 3 than any other episode.

I liked the movie, and I think the new trilogy could've been sooo much better than the old trilogy if they hadn't rushed everything at the end. Now that I think back, not much happened in episode 2, they could've squeezed some parts of episode 3 into there and put more detail into the fall of anakin.

My favorites:

1. ESB
2. ANH
3. RoTS
4. RoTJ
5. AoTC
6. PM

erikmcfarIcon...13:20 05.06.05 

#5, 318 Posts

blank
How can you say with a straight face that the acting in the original three was not better than the latest three? Do I have to bring up Jar Jar Binks? Unglaublich!

PaulIcon...14:26 05.06.05 

( . Y . )

Reps: 465

#2, 317 Posts

blank
1) ROTJ
2) ESB
3) ANH
4) ROTS
5) AOTC
6) PM

http://img299.echo.cx/img299/1852/tkstarwars8di.jpg

punkdaveIcon...10:04 06.06.05 

#100, 49 Posts

blank

Originally posted by erikmcfar...
How can you say with a straight face that the acting in the original three was not better than the latest three? Do I have to bring up Jar Jar Binks? Unglaublich!

Wasn't he supposed to be dumb and annoying? If so I think he acted out his part a little too well, wouldn't you agree? Wink

But the point I'm trying to make is that the acting in the original episodes is terrible as well yet nobody seems to mind. Bad acting isn't where the new episodes failed, and it should just be ignored. After all, who goes to a star wars movie because of the acting anyways?

erikmcfarIcon...10:08 06.06.05 

#5, 318 Posts

blank
what was bad about the acting in the original three?

punkdaveIcon...16:44 13.06.05 

#100, 49 Posts

blank
lol, you didn't see anything wrong with mark hamill??? The scene where he gets his hand cut off is sad and hilarious at the same time!

erikmcfarIcon...14:27 14.06.05 

#5, 318 Posts

blank
I always find the one sentence reply the most convincing variety.

TriariiIcon...15:40 14.06.05 

Reps: 111

#98, 95 Posts

blank
Overall i think it was a good film, better than Eps 1 and 2 anyway.There were a few annoyances for me but the thing that really bothered me though is when 'Palpatine' tells Vader that is was him who killed Padme, i expected anger but not that stupid Noooooo, it just seems common and cliched. (sp?)

ChaotixsIcon...21:11 15.06.05 

Reps: 76

#137, 64 Posts

23:16 15.06.05 - Edited

Quite liked , watchable but nowhere near worthy of being called great movies (unless for CGI alone)
I aint watched the first three (I will soon) but overall I can see why many are disappointed in the 'new' triology.

Some issues (though bare in mind i aint seen the first three)
- Episode 3 has too much plot for its time
- Ep 1 and 2 have too little
- The dialog in places particularly in that lava mountain area was awful
- The jedi are mainly useless bar the main characters, what is the point in them ?

Anakin went to the dark side much too easy and too quickly in my view for it to be near believable. This should have been more spread out between the films. The rate those bad guys who are suppose to be tough get killed off in episode 3 makes u wonder what the point of them is. They should have at least done something in the past movies to build them up as characters.

Acting wise I think Hayden was much improved as Anakin than in the last film AOTC. The rest were ok given some of the dialog they had to work with. The guy who played the chancellor was probably the best.

These films are completely dependent on special effects though. The plot is there, its just not done well enough.

HomeSkilletIcon...16:55 16.06.05 

Reps: 64

#119, 47 Posts

16:55 16.06.05 - Edited

i love ROTS, I think its the best one. My order is
Rots
rotj
esb
aotc
anh
pm

Only thing I was wondering about was how did anikin stop burning?

Post A ReplyAdd New Thread
Page 1 of 212--»
Navigation:

CNCSeries.Com