blank My CNCSeries
Username:
Password:
blank
(Register)
Content Overview Files Database Tiberium Wars Section Red Alert 3 Section Zero Hour Section Generals Section Yuris Revenge Section Red Alert 2 Section Renegade Section About CNCSeries
» FAQ · History
» Staff · Contact Us

Header
blank
» Forum » Comments » News: Isgreen Leaves EA - RA3 Dead?

Previous Thread In Forum Previous Thread ¦ Next Thread Next thread in forum
Neo_JamesIconNews: Isgreen Leaves EA - RA3 Dead?21:21 18.03.05 

Reps: 37

#50, 23 Posts

blank
I am a bit worried as well Rob from hearing about this. But perhaps something positive will come out of it. Maybe if RA3 is canceled and they feel that the c&c series isn't that profitable, perhaps they will put it for sale Grin . Granted yes, I am playing a little bit of the devils advocate and being highly optimisic and maybe a little delusional, but hey, you never know right?

NielsIcon...22:17 18.03.05 

Reps: 48

#13, 35 Posts

blank
It's been 4 months?? Jesus Embarassed

EatsP1esIcon...10:34 19.03.05 

Reps: 85

#54, 63 Posts

blank
darn...

WaraddictIcon...15:51 19.03.05 

Reps: 253

#8, 84 Posts

blank
Seems to me there may be ALOT of uncovered conflict within EALA about the future of C&C...

What confuses me is why both original Westwood Las Vegas employees AND Westwood LA (the EA guys) staff are leaving, I'd say the conflict has been caused because of the choice of RA3 over Tiberian Twilight but that doesn't explain the Westwood LA staff leaving.

HomeSkilletIcon...17:34 19.03.05 

Reps: 64

#119, 47 Posts

blank
Maybe Petroglyph would buy the C&C name, maybe it would be better that way.

chickendippersIcon...23:36 19.03.05 

Reps: 22

#25, 8 Posts

blank
Very unlikely; there's no company in the world that could afford to buy C&C off EA - they aren't that stupid, they realise how much money there is in the series.

WaraddictIcon...01:59 20.03.05 

Reps: 253

#8, 84 Posts

blank
And even if EA do decide to ditch C&C, they won't sell the rights to it as they know they could potentially create a good rival to their products.

Infact, that could well be the idea in the first place, knock out the rivals by buying them out and then kill off their games, holding onto the legalities so as to make sure they will never be a threat again.

Neo_JamesIcon...02:05 20.03.05 

Reps: 37

#50, 23 Posts

blank

Originally posted by Waraddict...
And even if EA do decide to ditch C&C, they won't sell the rights to it as they know they could potentially create a good rival to their products.

Infact, that could well be the idea in the first place, knock out the rivals by buying them out and then kill off their games, holding onto the legalities so as to make sure they will never be a threat again.

Geez, I would say you were wrong Waraddict if it wasn't true, but big companies outside of gaming as well do that, buy the compeition and kill it off to make sure it is no longer a threat, I hope it doesn't come to that, perhaps one day EA will topple, but that is a far off prospect.

Post A Reply

Navigation:

CNCSeries.Com